I am working on a feature that allows members to pay event fees when they RSVP for an event. Here are 9 important aspects of this new feature that I am interested in receiving feedback on:
1) The "Use event accounting" setting will go away. All TroopTrack customers will have the opportunity to pay an event fee when they RSVP.
2) You will be able to designate any money account to receive event fees when you create an event.
3) Users will be able to pay an event fee when they RSVP and will be able to choose from a variety of payment methods, including a money account they own, Amazon Payments (see 4), and Credit Card (see 5). We will probably add support for PayPal before too long.
4) Troops that wish to use Amazon Payments will need to sign up for an Amazon Payment account. There is already a setup wizard in TroopTrack to guide you through this process.
5) Troops that wish to accept credit cards will need to sign up for a Stripe account. We will provide a setup wizard to guide you through the process.
6) A 25 cent processing fee will be added to event fees when paying with Amazon Payments or Credit Card.
7) You will be able to see all event fees for an event
8) You will be able to record manual payments of cash or check
9) You will be able to add youth and adult guests when you RSVP for someone outside of your household.
I believe this will be a major improvement in the handling of event fees within TroopTrack. I hope you will agree with me.
I expect this new feature to go live before the end of the year.